- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. extra light virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white beans - or one 15 oz. can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and rinsed
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 4 minced leaves fresh basil
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
- Sautee garlic in olive oil.
- Add sauteed garlic to 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Add white beans to chicken broth and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Option: for creamy soup use hand blender and puree beans into broth.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can make the soup slimmer by using Italian turkey sausage. You can decrease the sodium by using dried and cooked beans instead of canned and rinsed.
Powered by Zip Recipes